Tips- Protect Your Home Security SystemResearch has shown that there is an estimated 7 out of 10 security camera systems that are running outdated firmware. Not updating firmware and not changing default passwords is the biggest weaknesses in cyber security. A study was done on cyberattacks by The University of Maryland that found a hacker attacks every 39 seconds.
Know your risk and read our tips.
Be Safe with AllSafe!
1. Have secured passwords for devices used to log into your security system. Change any default passwords and use combinations of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special symbols. Avoid anything that can be easily guessed.
2. Secure your router with a strong password if you use a Wi-Fi network for home devices and/or your security system. Use the same guidelines from above.
3. Install antivirus software on computers that access your security system.
4. Limit devices that are used to access your security system. Use only at home devices such as computers and personally owned smart phones.
5. When arming your system never do so on public Wi-Fi. Using public Wi-Fi can increase your risk of hacking. Hackers use public networks to access personal information such as email addresses and passwords.